Timeframe: May 2019
About the Position
Strategic Capacity Group (SCG) seeks to hire a Senior Program Officer to advance its mission of strategic capacity building worldwide. The position will focus on the design, implementation, and evaluation of a regional maritime law enforcement, criminal investigation, anti-corruption and judicial security capacity-building project in the Eastern Caribbean. This position would report to the Director of Development and Programs and coordinate with other project staff, consultants, and technical experts at headquarters and in the region.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
Ideal candidates will have knowledge of maritime law enforcement operations and investigation best practices, preferably in the Eastern Caribbean. Candidates should be able to demonstrate experience developing a maritime concept of operations and standard operating procedures and establishing or supporting an organized crime task force. Experience conducting or participating in prosecutorial case review meetings and improving judicial security are also highly preferred. Candidates should have experience working effectively with regional organizations, member states and other key stakeholders.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
• Be willing to be based at SCG’s headquarters in McLean VA and travel frequently to the Eastern Caribbean;
• Hold a master’s degree in security studies or a related discipline;
• Have at least seven years of experience supporting project implementation, ideally with experience implementing projects overseas. Relevant experience includes project planning, design and delivery of project activities, M&E and project reporting, recruitment and management of overseas staff, and/or project logistics;
• Be familiar with U.S. government grant guidelines, security assistance programs, and/or U.S. Embassy programs and processes, including Leahy vetting;
• Have organizational and problem-solving skills to enable sound decision-making;
• Use excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; and
• Effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment.
About Strategic Capacity Group
Strategic Capacity Group (SCG) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the ability of the United States and its partners to build strategic security sector capacity both at home and abroad. SCG assists donor countries to enhance the sustainability and impact of their foreign assistance approaches and recipient countries to deliver security appropriately, effectively, accountably, and in accordance with the rule of law. Through this approach, SCG helps build human and institutional capacity worldwide. Visit our website at www.strategiccapacity.org.
How to Apply
Please send resume or CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Salary ($90,000-$105,000) commensurate with experience.