About the Position
Strategic Capacity Group (SCG) is seeking to hire a Project Coordinator based in Tunis, Tunisia to support its growing portfolio of projects in North Africa. This position reports to SCG’s Tunisia Country Director and supports the planning and execution of capacity-building workshops, trainings, and assessments. The Project Coordinator will coordinate all project activities, event logistics, invitations, interpretation and translation, and trainings. This will include negotiating event vendor and catering agreements and participant travel, and communicating with host nation partners, participants and trainers to ensure the seamless execution of project activities. The Project Coordinator will support note-taking at events, interpretation for meetings, translation of key documents, and project reporting and will support project teams to develop content for project activities and conduct monitoring and evaluation.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
Ideal candidates will have knowledge and experience working on foreign assistance programming and with security sector actors and institutions (e.g. police, military, MOI, MOD). Candidates should demonstrate professionalism, good time management, problem-solving, and the ability to work seamlessly with donors, security sector actors, and foreign governments. Specifically, the candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
• Based in Tunis, Tunisia with the ability to travel throughout Tunisia and internationally;
• Fluent in English, Arabic (Libyan dialect highly preferred), and French;
• Bachelor’s degree in international studies or a related field (master’s degree preferred);
• Minimum three (3) years of project experience, to include experience managing all logistical and operational aspects of event planning and execution;
• Experience conducting monitoring and evaluation;
• Knowledge and experience working with security sector actors and institutions in Tunisia;
• Proven experience supporting U.S. security assistance programs and/or U.S. Embassy programs and processes, including Leahy vetting, preferred, but not required; and
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with internal and external stakeholders, including project team members based in SCG’s U.S. Headquarters.
About Strategic Capacity Group
SCG is a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to enhancing the ability of the United States and its partners to build strategic security sector capacity both at home and abroad. SCG assists donor countries to enhance the sustainability and impact of their foreign assistance approaches and recipient countries to deliver security appropriately, effectively, accountably, and in accordance with the rule of law. Through this approach, SCG helps build human and institutional capacity worldwide.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Salary commensurate with experience.