About the Position
Strategic Capacity Group (SCG) seeks to hire a Project Coordinator to serve on SCG’s Core Logistics Team and advance the organization’s portfolio of projects around the world. The position will support the planning and execution of capacity-building workshops and training events, as well as security sector assessments. The Project Coordinator is responsible for communicating with sponsors, hosts, participants, and trainers to ensure the seamless execution of project activities. The position also supports the design of host-nation partner capacity-building initiatives, and provides substantial design, monitoring, and evaluation support to capture programmatic impact.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• Willing to travel internationally as required;
• Fluency in English and at least one other foreign language (French, Spanish, Arabic highly preferred);
• Master’s Degree in Security Studies or a related discipline with knowledge of Security Sector Reform (SSR) processes and best practices (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree required;
• Proven experience supporting project implementation overseas, including event planning and execution, administration of contracts, management of vendors, journey management, budget tracking, and M&E. Proven experience with event planning and logistics (highly preferred);
• Knowledge of training, education, or other capacity building approaches, and/or experience working in or with the U.S. State Department or U.S. Embassies overseas;
• Knowledge of and experience working in North Africa, West and Central Africa, Latin America, and/or the Caribbean;
• Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; and
• Effectively multitask in a fast-paced environment.
About Strategic Capacity Group
Strategic Capacity Group (SCG) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the ability of the United States and its partners to build strategic security sector capacity both at home and abroad. SCG assists donor countries to enhance the sustainability and impact of their foreign assistance approaches and recipient countries to deliver security appropriately, effectively, accountably, and in accordance with the rule of law. Through this approach, SCG helps build human and institutional capacity worldwide. Visit our website at www.strategiccapacity.org.
How to Apply
Please send resume or CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Salary ($40,000- $60,000) commensurate with experience.