About the Position
Strategic Capacity Group (SCG) seeks to hire a Project Coordinator to serve in SCG’s Planning and Logistics Department and advance the organization’s portfolio of projects around the world. The position will primarily support the planning and execution of capacity-building workshops and training events, as well as security sector assessments, by providing logistical and operational support.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating with foreign and domestic vendors, sponsors, hosts, participants, and trainers to ensure the seamless execution of project activities across the globe. The Project Coordinator may also be asked to support the design of host-nation partner capacity-building initiatives, and provide l design, monitoring, and evaluation support to capture programmatic impact.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• Proven experience supporting travel and event logistics, including coordinating with venues, hotels, caterers, interpreters, transportation vendors, and other partners (international experience preferred);
• Excellent communication, organization, and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
• Fluency in English and at least one other foreign language (French, Spanish, Arabic highly preferred);
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced and multicultural environment;
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required (up to 60%);
• Knowledge of training, education, or other capacity building approaches (preferred);
• Knowledge of and/or experience working or living in Africa, Latin America, Southeast Asia, and/or the Caribbean; experience working in or with the U.S. State Department or U.S. Embassies overseas;
• Experience with project implementation, administration of contracts, journey management, budget tracking, and M&E; and
• Bachelor’s Degree (required); Master’s Degree in Security Studies or a related discipline with knowledge of Security Sector Reform (SSR) processes and best practices (preferred).
About Strategic Capacity Group
Strategic Capacity Group (SCG) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the ability of the United States and its partners to build strategic security sector capacity both at home and abroad. SCG assists donor countries to enhance the sustainability and impact of their foreign assistance approaches and recipient countries to deliver security appropriately, effectively, accountably, and in accordance with the rule of law. Through this approach, SCG helps build human and institutional capacity worldwide. Visit our website at www.strategiccapacity.org.
How to Apply
Please send resume or CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.